THE ORDER OF OBTAINING A CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION EQUIVALENCY FOR STUDENTS WHO HAD SECONDARY EDUCATION IN OTHER COUNTRIES
The Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation (MES RF) issued Order № 65 ratifying the Directions for the Order of Issuing State Documents of Higher Professional Education.
This order envisages that all international students doing courses in Russian higher schools shall obtain a Certificate of Equivalency of their prior education documents. This certificate is required when obtaining a diploma of higher education in the Russian Federation. It is issued by the MES RF after expert examination of a student’s certificate of complete secondary education has been made. This Certificate is kept in your personal file and is considered to be a legal ground for getting a higher professional education.
To undergo the expert examination one has to submit the following documents to the dean’s office:
1. The original document of complete secondary education (with a list of marks enclosed). The original document has to be first certified in the Foreign Office of the country where it was issued, then, legalized by the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the country where it was issued. After the expert examination has been done, the original document is returned to the student.
Students who had education in India have to submit both 10 and 12 year school-leaving certificates (certificates and mark-sheets).
2. Two Xeroxed copies of the document of complete secondary education (with a list of marks enclosed). The Xeroxed copies have to be certified by a Russian notary (in Russia) or the Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country where this document was issued.
3. Two copies of the document of complete secondary education (with a list of marks enclosed) translated into Russian. The translated copies have to be translated by a Russian notary (in Russia) or the Consulate of the Russian Federation in the country where this document was issued.
4. If a student went to a non-state (private) school, it is required to present a Xeroxed license for providing education granted to this school as well as a copy of its accreditation; these Xeroxed copies must have genuine seals of this school. The license as well as the accreditation paper has to be translated into Russian and certified by a Russian notary.
5. A Xeroxed copy of the first page of a student’s passport (having their first and family name) and a Xeroxed copy of the entry visa to Russia.
The charge for expert examination by the MES RF is 4000 roubles.
If students submit all the above-mentioned documents before September 15, 2007, their dispatch to the MES RF for expert examination will be organized by the University Administration. Otherwise, students will have to do it by themselves.
If you do not obtain an Equivalency Certificate, procedures to make your diploma (degree) recognized will be impossible.
I, _______________a _________year student of the faculty of ________________
of Orenburg State Medical Academy has been notified that an expert examination of my document of complete secondary education by the MES RF must be done for an Equivalency Certificate to be obtained.